Technical Specifications of John Deere 3020 Tractor
- Model Year: 1964 – 1972
- Series: New Generation Series
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Estimated Engine Power: 59.9hp – 77.8hp
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Factories: Waterloo, Iowa, USA; Mexico
- Total Built: 74,463 (Row Crop), 6,307 (Standard), 1,314 (Row-Crop Utility), 508 (High-Crop), 324 (Special Utility), 139 (Orchard)
- Original Price: $10,000 (1972)
- John Deere 3.7L 4-cyl gasoline
- John Deere 4.4L 4-cyl diesel
- John Deere 3.7L 4-cyl LP gas
- 8-speed partially synchronized
- 8-speed full power shift
- Drawbar (claimed): 57 hp (42.5 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 70 hp (Syncro-Range), 65 hp (Powershift)
- Drawbar (tested): 63.13 hp (47.1 kW)
- PTO (tested): 71.26 hp (53.1 kW)
- Two-wheel drive
- Differential lock: mechanical rear Opt
- Steering: power assist
- Brakes: Differential hydraulic wet disc
- Fuel: 29 gal (109.8 L)
- LP-Gas Fuel: 33.6 gal (127.2 L)
- Hydraulic System: 8 gal (Syncro-Range), 11 gal (Power Shift)
- Type: closed center
- Capacity: 8 gal (Syncro-Range), 11 gal (Power Shift)
- Pressure: 2100 psi (144.8 bar)
- Valves: 1
- SCV flow: 6 gpm (22.7 lpm)
- Total flow: 14 gpm (53.0 lpm)
Hitch and PTO
- Rear Type: II
- Rear PTO: independent
- Rear PTO Type: 540/1000, 1000
- Engine RPM: 540@2100, 1000@2100
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 90 inches (228 cm)
- Weight: 7139 to 7945 pounds
- Front tire: 6.00-16
- Rear tire: 13.6-38
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the estimated engine power of the John Deere 3020?
The estimated engine power ranges from 59.9hp to 77.8hp.
What types of fuel can the John Deere 3020 use?
The tractor can run on gasoline, diesel, and LP gas.
What is the original price of the John Deere 3020?
The original price in 1972 was $10,000.
What is the hydraulic system capacity?
The hydraulic system capacity is 8 gallons for Syncro-Range and 11 gallons for Power Shift.
What are the types of transmission available?
The tractor comes with an 8-speed partially synchronized and an 8-speed full power shift transmission.
A Classic Workhorse: The John Deere 3020
A Brief Overview
The John Deere 3020 is a row-crop tractor that was part of the New Generation Series produced between 1964 and 1972. Manufactured by John Deere, this tractor was built in factories located in Waterloo, Iowa, USA, and Mexico.
The Nitty-Gritty: Key Specifications
The tractor comes with a variety of engine options, including a 3.7L 4-cylinder gasoline engine, a 4.4L 4-cylinder diesel engine, and a 3.7L 4-cylinder LP gas engine. It offers an 8-speed partially synchronized and an 8-speed full power shift transmission. The tractor claims a drawbar power of 57 hp and a PTO power of up to 70 hp.
On the Field: Performance
The John Deere 3020 is known for its reliable performance, offering a drawbar power of 57 hp and a PTO power of up to 70 hp. The tractor provides a smooth ride with its power-assisted steering and mechanical rear differential lock.
The tractor comes with a closed-center hydraulic system and offers a fuel capacity of 29 gallons. It also features power-assisted steering and mechanical rear differential lock, making it easier to handle.
The tractor is built for durability and long-lasting performance. It has been tested for drawbar power and PTO power, ensuring its reliability on the field.
Bang for Your Buck: Value for Money
With an original price tag of $10,000 in 1972, the tractor offers a range of features and reliable performance, making it a good value for money.
The Good and The Bad: Pros and Cons
- Pros: Reliable performance, multiple engine options, good fuel and hydraulic capacity.
- Cons: May be considered outdated compared to modern tractors, original parts may be hard to find.
Ideal Conditions: Best Suited For
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming and can handle various terrains thanks to its power-assisted steering and mechanical rear differential lock.
The Final Word
The John Deere 3020 is a classic tractor that offers reliable performance and a range of features. It is a good value for money and is best suited for row-crop farming. Whether you are a seasoned farmer or a beginner, this tractor won’t disappoint.