Technical Specifications of Allis-Chalmers 200 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Allis Chalmers
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Years of Production: 1972 – 1975
- Total Built: 10,126
- Original Price: $14,125
- Engine Model: Allis Chalmers 4.9L 6-cyl diesel
- Drawbar (tested): 79.12 hp (59.0 kW)
- PTO (tested): 93.64 hp (69.8 kW)
- Type: 8-speed constant mesh-helical gears
- Drive: Two-wheel drive
- Steering: Power steering
- Brakes: Ball actuated disc brakes
- Operator Station: Open operator station. QCS cab optional starting in 1972.
- Fuel Capacity: 48 gal (181.7 L)
- Hydraulic System Capacity: 7 gal (26.5 L)
- Type: Open center
- Pressure: 2300 psi (158.6 bar)
- Valves: 2
- Pump Flow: 17.2 gpm (65.1 lpm)
- Total Flow: 21.02 gpm (79.6 lpm)
- Rear Type: II
- Rear Lift: 4,600 lbs (2086 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Transmission, independent optional
- Rear RPM: 540, 540/1000 optional
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 105.75 inches (268 cm)
- Weight: 7,324 lbs (3322 kg)
- Front Tire: 7.50-16
- Rear Tire: 16.9-34
- Ground: Negative
- Charging System: Alternator
- Charging Amps: 32, 55 optional
- Batteries: 1 or 2 optional
- Battery Volts: 12
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the Allis-Chalmers 200?
The Allis-Chalmers 200 has a drawbar-tested engine power of 79.12 hp and a PTO-tested engine power of 93.64 hp.
What type of transmission does it have?
It features an 8-speed constant mesh-helical gears transmission.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 48 gallons.
What are the hydraulic system specifications?
The hydraulic system has an open center type with a pressure of 2300 psi. It has 2 valves and a pump flow of 17.2 gpm.
What type of tires does it use?
The front tire size is 7.50-16, and the rear tire size is 16.9-34.
A Classic Workhorse: The Allis-Chalmers 200
A Brief Overview
The Allis-Chalmers 200 is a row-crop tractor manufactured by Allis Chalmers between 1972 and 1975. With over 10,000 units built and an original price tag of $14,125, this tractor has made its mark in the farming industry.
The Heart of the Machine: Key Specs
Powered by a 4.9L 6-cylinder diesel engine, the tractor offers a drawbar-tested 79.12 hp and a PTO-tested 93.64 hp. The 8-speed constant mesh-helical gears transmission ensures smooth operation.
On the Field: Performance
The tractor’s two-wheel drive and power steering make it easy to handle, while the ball-actuated disc brakes provide reliable stopping power. Its engine power is more than sufficient for most farming tasks.
The tractor comes with an open operator station, with an optional QCS cab available starting in 1972. The hydraulic system is robust, featuring an open center type with a pressure of 2300 psi.
Built to Last: Reliability
The Allis-Chalmers 200 has proven to be a reliable machine, with over 10,000 units built. Its mechanical components are robust, and it offers a range of features designed for long-term durability.
Bang for Your Buck: Value
With an original price of $14,125, the tractor offers good value for its range of features and capabilities, especially when compared to similar models on the market.
The Good and the Bad
- Pros: Reliable engine, robust hydraulic system, optional cab for added comfort.
- Cons: Two-wheel drive may limit its use in certain terrains, older model may lack some modern features.
Ideal Working Conditions
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming and can handle a variety of tasks thanks to its powerful engine and robust hydraulic system.
The Allis-Chalmers 200 is a classic tractor that offers a blend of power, reliability, and value. Its range of features and capabilities make it a solid choice for any farmer looking for a dependable workhorse.