Technical Specifications of Caterpillar 307B SB Midi Excavator
- Boom/Stick Option (Hex) 1
- Max Cutting Height: 20.28ft in
- Max Loading Height: 13.65ft in
- Max Reach Along Ground: 22.61ft in
- Max Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 9.85ft in
- Max Digging Depth: 13.65ft in
- Boom/Stick Option (Hex) 2
- Max Cutting Height: 20.31ft in
- Max Loading Height: 13.69ft in
- Max Reach Along Ground: 22.58ft in
- Max Digging Depth: 13.62ft in
- Max Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 9.78ft in
- Boom/Stick Option (Hex) 3
- Max Cutting Height: 21.3ft in
- Max Loading Height: 14.6ft in
- Max Reach Along Ground: 24.35ft in
- Max Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 11.75ft in
- Max Digging Depth: 15.42ft in
- Shoe Size: 17.72in
- Track Gauge: 5.75ft in
- Drawbar Pull: 12130lb
- Max Travel Speed: 3.11mph
- Engine Make: 2251
- Engine Model: 4M40E1
- Gross Power: 41hp
- Displacement: 173cu in
- Bore: 3.7in
- Stroke: 4in
- Flywheel Power: 40hp
- Operating Weight: 16314.3lb
- Fuel Capacity: 35.7gal
- Hydraulic System Fluid Capacity: 27.8gal
- Hydraulic Pump Flow Capacity: 33.9gal/min
- Operating Weight: 18555lb
- Pilot System – Maximum Flow: 4.9 gal/min
- Pilot System – Maximum Pressure: 570 psi
- Maximum Pressure – Travel: 4550 psi
- Maximum Pressure – Swing: 3980 psi
- Maximum Pressure – Implements: 3980 psi
- Main Implement System – Maximum Flow (2x): 17 gal/min
Service Refill Capacities
- Cooling System: 4gal
- Fuel Tank: 35.7gal
- Final Drive – Each: 0.5gal
- Hydraulic Tank: 15gal
- Hydraulic System – Including Tank: 24.8gal
- Engine Oil: 1.9gal
- Swing Drive – Each: 0.4gal
- Maximum Drawbar Pull: 12360lb
- Travel Speed: 3.1mph
What is the maximum cutting height of the Caterpillar 307B SB Midi Excavator?
The maximum cutting height is 21.3ft in.
What is the operating weight of the machine?
The operating weight is 16314.3lb.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 35.7 gallons.
What is the maximum travel speed?
The maximum travel speed is 3.11mph.
What is the engine model used in this excavator?
The engine model is 4M40E1 with a gross power of 41hp.
A Comprehensive Review of the Caterpillar 307B SB Midi Excavator
A Glimpse into the Caterpillar 307B SB
The Caterpillar 307B SB is a midi excavator designed for robust performance and versatility. Manufactured by Caterpillar, this machine is engineered for a variety of tasks, from digging to lifting.
The Nitty-Gritty: Key Specs
The 307B SB comes with an engine model 4M40E1, boasting a gross power of 41hp. It has an operating weight of 16314.3lb and a fuel capacity of 35.7 gallons. The hydraulic system fluid capacity stands at 27.8 gallons, and the machine can reach a maximum speed of 3.11mph.
How It Performs
The excavator offers excellent performance with a maximum cutting height of up to 21.3ft and a maximum digging depth of 15.42ft. Its hydraulic system is highly efficient, providing maximum flow and pressure for various tasks.
The machine comes with multiple boom/stick options, allowing for a range of digging depths and heights. It also features a robust hydraulic system and a powerful engine, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
Can You Rely on It?
The 307B SB is a reliable machine with a sturdy build. The engine and hydraulic systems are designed for long-lasting performance. However, regular maintenance is essential for optimal functionality.
Worth Every Penny?
When compared to similar models in the market, the 307B SB offers good value for money given its range of features and robust performance.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Versatile, robust engine, efficient hydraulic system, multiple boom/stick options.
- Cons: May require regular maintenance, fuel consumption could be a concern for some users.
Ideal Working Conditions
The 307B SB is best suited for medium to large-scale construction projects, excavation tasks, and any operation requiring lifting and digging. It performs well in various terrains and weather conditions.
The Final Take
The Caterpillar 307B SB Midi Excavator is a versatile and reliable machine that offers a range of features for efficient and robust performance. Its pros outweigh the cons, making it a worthy investment for those in the construction and excavation sectors.