Technical Specifications of Farmall 1206 Farm Tractor
- Manufacturer: Farmall (a part of International Harvester)
- Built in: Rock Island, Illinois, USA
- Total Built: 8,400
- Original Price: $9,450 in 1967
- Engine Model: International Harvester 5.9L 6-cyl diesel
- Fuel Tank: 42 gallons (159.0 L)
- Types: 8-speed unsynchronized, 16-speed partial power shift
- Drawbar (claimed): 99.6 hp (74.3 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 112.6 hp (84.0 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 95.00 hp (70.8 kW)
- PTO (tested): 112.64 hp (84.0 kW)
- Drive: Two- or four-wheel drive
- Steering: Power steering
- Brakes: Differential hydraulic dry disc brakes
- Operator Station: Open operator station. Optional one-door cab. Optional heat and air-conditioning.
- Valves: 0 to 2
- Pump Flow: 12 gpm (45.4 lpm)
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 101 inches (256 cm)
- Weight: 9400 to 10115 pounds
- Front Tire: 7.50-16
- Rear Tire: 18.4-38
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the Farmall 1206?
The Farmall 1206 has a claimed engine power of 99.6 hp and a tested power of 95.00 hp.
What types of transmissions are available?
The tractor offers an 8-speed unsynchronized and a 16-speed partial power shift transmission.
How many hydraulic valves does it have?
The tractor has 0 to 2 hydraulic valves.
What is the fuel tank capacity?
The fuel tank can hold up to 42 gallons.
What are the dimensions and weight of the tractor?
The wheelbase is 101 inches, and the weight ranges from 9400 to 10115 pounds.
A Classic Powerhouse: The Farmall 1206
A Brief Overview
The Farmall 1206 is a farm tractor manufactured by Farmall, a part of International Harvester. Built in Rock Island, Illinois, this tractor was produced between 1965 and 1967.
Key Features and Specifications
The tractor is powered by an International Harvester 5.9L 6-cylinder diesel engine. It offers two types of transmissions: an 8-speed unsynchronized and a 16-speed partial power shift. The tractor has a claimed drawbar power of 99.6 hp and a PTO power of 112.6 hp.
The Farmall 1206 is known for its robust performance, offering a drawbar power of 95.00 hp and a PTO power of 112.64 hp when tested. The tractor also features power steering for better control and differential hydraulic dry disc brakes for effective stopping.
The tractor comes with an open operator station, with options for a one-door cab, heat, and air-conditioning. It also offers up to 2 hydraulic valves and a pump flow of 12 gpm.
The Farmall 1206 is a reliable machine, built to last with durable components. However, like any other machine, it requires regular maintenance for optimal performance.
Value for the Investment
With an original price of $9,450 in 1967, the tractor offers good value for money, especially when compared to similar models in the market.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High engine power, multiple transmission options, optional cab features.
- Cons: Limited hydraulic valves, may require regular maintenance.
Ideal Work Conditions
The tractor is best suited for large-scale farming operations and can handle various terrains effectively.
The Farmall 1206 is a classic tractor that offers a blend of power, performance, and reliability. It is a worthwhile investment for those looking for a durable and efficient machine for their farming needs.