Technical Specifications of Farmall 300 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Farmall (a part of International Harvester)
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Total Built: 29,077
- Original Price: $2,900 (1956)
- Production Years: 1954 – 1956
- IH 300: Utility tractor
- Farmall 300 High-Clearance: High-crop tractor
- Engine Type: International Harvester 2.8L 4-cyl gasoline
- Fuel Tank: 17 gal (64.3 L)
- Drawbar (tested): 35.43 hp (26.4 kW)
- Belt (tested): 38.42 hp (28.6 kW)
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD
- Cab: Open operator station
- Transmissions: 5-speed sliding gear, 10-speed partial power shift
- Type: IH Fast Hitch
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear RPM: 540
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 92.25 inches (tricycle), 96 inches (wide-front)
- Weight: 5361 lbs (2431 kg)
- Front Tire: 5.50×16
- Rear Tire: 11.00×38
- Ground: Positive
- Battery Volts: 6
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the original price of the Farmall 300 tractor?
The original price of the Farmall 300 tractor was $2,900 in 1956.
What is the engine power of the Farmall 300?
The drawbar-tested engine power is 35.43 hp, and the belt-tested power is 38.42 hp.
What is the fuel capacity of the tractor?
The fuel tank has a capacity of 17 gallons.
What type of transmission does it have?
The Farmall 300 features a 5-speed sliding gear and a 10-speed partial power shift transmission.
What is the weight of the Farmall 300 tractor?
The tractor weighs 5361 lbs.
Farmall 300: A Classic Row-Crop Tractor with Versatility
The Farmall 300 is a row-crop tractor produced between 1954 and 1956. It features a 2.8L 4-cylinder gasoline engine with a drawbar power of 35.43 hp and a belt power of 38.42 hp.
The tractor comes with a 4×2 2WD chassis and an open operator station. The 5-speed sliding gear and 10-speed partial power shift transmission options provide versatility in handling various tasks.
The tractor offers an IH Fast Hitch for quick and easy attachment changes. It also has a rear PTO with an RPM of 540, making it compatible with various implements.
The Farmall 300 is known for its robust build and reliable performance. Its mechanical components are durable, and the tractor has a proven track record in various farming operations.
Value for Money
With an original price of $2,900 in 1956, the tractor offers a good balance of features and performance for the investment. It is a cost-effective choice for medium to large-scale farming.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High engine power, versatile transmission options, reliable and durable, good fuel capacity.
- Cons: May be considered outdated, lacks some modern features.
Best Suited For
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming and can handle a variety of tasks such as plowing, harvesting, and towing. It performs well in different terrains and weather conditions.
The Farmall 300 is a reliable and versatile row-crop tractor that offers a range of features to meet the needs of modern farmers. Its high engine power, multiple transmission options, and robust build make it a worthy investment for those looking to enhance their farming operations.