Technical Specifications of Ford 1920 Tractor
- Distributor: Ford
- Manufacturer: Shibaura
- Type: Compact Utility tractor
- Factory: Japan
- Original price: $15,500 (2000)
- Engine (gross): 33.3 hp (24.8 kW)
- Engine (net): 32 hp (23.9 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 28.5 hp (21.3 kW)
- Engine: Shibaura 2.0L 4-cyl diesel
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD / 4×4 MFWD 4WD
- Steering: Power
- Brakes: Wet disc
- Cab: Two-post ROPS
- Transmissions: 12-speed gear / 12-speed mechanical shuttle
- Fuel: 9.8 gal (37.1 L)
- Hydraulic system: 7.7 gal (29.1 L)
- Type: Open center
- Capacity: 7.7 gal (29.1 L)
- Pump flow: 7.8 gpm (29.5 lpm)
- Total flow: 10.6 gpm (40.1 lpm)
- Steering flow: 2.8 gpm (10.6 lpm)
- Rear Type: I
- Control: Draft control
- Rear lift (at 24″/610mm): 1881 lbs (853 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Transmission / Live
- Rear RPM: 540
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 69.9 inches (177 cm)
- Weight: 2849 to 3069 pounds
- Front tire: 5.50-16
- 2WD Rear tire: 13.6-24
- 72″ mid-mount mower deck
- Front-end loader
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the Ford 1920 tractor?
The Ford 1920 tractor has a gross engine power of 33.3 hp and a net engine power of 32 hp.
What type of steering does it have?
The tractor comes with power steering.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 9.8 gallons.
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight ranges from 2849 to 3069 pounds.
What are the available attachments?
Available attachments include a 72″ mid-mount mower deck, snowblower, blade, front-end loader, and backhoe.
A Versatile Performer: The Ford 1920 Tractor
A Compact Utility Tractor from Ford
The Ford 1920 is a compact utility tractor manufactured by Shibaura in Japan and distributed by Ford. With an original price tag of $15,500 in the year 2000, this tractor offers a range of features suitable for various farming tasks.
The Heart of the Machine: Engine and Power
Powered by a Shibaura 2.0L 4-cylinder diesel engine, the Ford 1920 boasts a gross horsepower of 33.3 and a net horsepower of 32. The tractor also claims a PTO horsepower of 28.5, making it a powerful choice for small to medium-sized farms.
Smooth Operation and Control
The tractor offers both 4×2 2WD and 4×4 MFWD 4WD chassis options, along with power steering and wet disc brakes. With a 12-speed gear and mechanical shuttle transmissions, it provides smooth and efficient operation.
Feature-Rich and User-Friendly
The Ford 1920 comes equipped with a two-post ROPS cab for safety and a variety of attachments like a mid-mount mower deck, snowblower, blade, front-end loader, and backhoe, making it versatile and user-friendly.
Built to Last
The tractor is generally reliable with its robust engine and mechanical features. However, like any machinery, it requires regular maintenance to keep it in optimal condition.
Worth the Investment?
Considering its range of features and capabilities, the Ford 1920 offers good value for money, especially when compared to other models in the same category.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Versatile attachments, powerful engine, multiple transmission options.
- Cons: May require regular maintenance, initial cost may be high for some.
Ideal for Varied Farming Needs
The tractor is best suited for small to medium-sized farms and can handle a variety of tasks from mowing and snow blowing to more heavy-duty tasks like front-end loading.
The Ford 1920 is a well-rounded compact utility tractor that offers a good balance of power, features, and reliability. Whether you’re a small-scale farmer or have more extensive needs, this tractor is a worthy investment.