Technical Specifications of Ford 3600 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Ford
- Type: Utility tractor
- Original Price: $7,200 in 1981
- Ford 2.9L 3-cylinder diesel
- Ford 2.9L 3-cylinder gasoline
- 6-speed gear
- 6-speed mechanical shuttle
- Engine (gross): 48 hp (35.8 kW)
- Engine (net): 45 hp (33.6 kW)
- Drawbar (claimed): 34 hp (25.4 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 40 hp (29.8 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 34.35 hp (25.6 kW)
- PTO (tested): 40.62 hp (30.3 kW)
- Two-wheel drive
- Differential lock: Mechanical rear (Optional)
- Power steering
- Differential mechanical expanding shoe brakes
- Open operator station. Two-post ROPS optional with available canopy. Cab available with air-conditioning.
- Fuel: 13 gallons (49.2 L)
- Hydraulic system: 6.15 gallons (23.3 L)
- Capacity: 6.15 gallons (23.3 L)
- Pressure: 2100 psi (144.8 bar)
- Pump flow: 8.5 gpm (32.2 lpm)
- Rear Type: I
- Control: Top-link draft sensing
- Rear lift: 1940 lbs (879 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Transmission, live
- Rear RPM: 540 (1.375)
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 75.8 inches (192 cm)
- Weight: 3846 to 5590 pounds
- Front tire: 6.00-16
- Rear tire: 12.4-28
- Ground: Negative
- Charging system: Alternator
- Charging amps: 32 (51 Optional)
- Battery volts: 12
- Gas Battery AH: 77
- Diesel Battery AH: 128
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the original price of the Ford 3600 tractor?
The original price was $7,200 in 1981.
What are the engine options available?
The Ford 3600 comes with either a 2.9L 3-cylinder diesel or a 2.9L 3-cylinder gasoline engine.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 13 gallons (49.2 L).
What is the hydraulic system capacity?
The hydraulic system has a capacity of 6.15 gallons (23.3 L).
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity is 1940 lbs (879 kg).
A Versatile Workhorse: The Ford 3600 Tractor
A Classic from Ford
The Ford 3600 is a utility tractor that was produced between 1975 and 1981. Manufactured by Ford, this tractor was priced at $7,200 in its final production year.
The Heart of the Machine
The tractor comes with two engine options: a 2.9L 3-cylinder diesel and a 2.9L 3-cylinder gasoline engine. With a gross engine power of 48 hp and a net power of 45 hp, it offers decent performance for various tasks.
On the Field
The Ford 3600 provides a smooth and efficient performance with its 6-speed gear and 8-speed transmission options. Its power steering and mechanical rear differential lock add to its handling capabilities.
The tractor offers an open operator station with an optional two-post ROPS and available canopy. A cab with air-conditioning is also available for those looking for extra comfort.
Built to Last
The Ford 3600 is a reliable machine with a solid build. Its mechanical components, including the differential mechanical expanding shoe brakes, ensure long-lasting performance.
Bang for Your Buck
Priced at $7,200 in 1981, the tractor offers good value for money when compared to other models in the same category.
The Good and The Bad
- Pros: Versatile, reliable, multiple engine options, good value for money.
- Cons: Limited advanced technological features, may be considered outdated for some modern applications.
Ideal for Various Tasks
The tractor is best suited for general farming tasks and can handle different types of terrain. Its rear lift capacity of 1940 lbs makes it ideal for medium-duty tasks.
The Final Word
The Ford 3600 is a versatile and reliable tractor that offers good value for money. Its multiple engine and transmission options make it adaptable for various farming needs. While it may lack some of the advanced features found in modern tractors, it stands as a testament to Ford’s engineering prowess.