Technical Specifications of Ford 7710 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Ford
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Production Years: 1982 – 1990
- Factories: Romeo, Michigan, USA; Basildon, England
- Original Price: $28,000 in 1990
- Engine Model: Ford 4.4L 4-cyl diesel
- Engine Power (gross): 97 hp (72.3 kW)
- Types: 8-speed, 16-speed partial power shift, 16-speed synchromesh partial power shift
- PTO (claimed): 86 hp (64.1 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 74.08 hp (55.2 kW)
- PTO (tested): 86.95 hp (64.8 kW)
- Drive: Two- or four-wheel drive
- Differential Lock: Mechanical rear
- Steering: Power steering
- Brakes: Differential mechanical wet disc brakes
- Fuel Capacity: 47 gal (177.9 L)
- Hydraulic System: 15 gal (56.8 L)
- Type: Open center
- Pressure: 2500 psi (172.4 bar)
- Pump Flow: 18.2 gpm (68.9 lpm)
Dimensions & Tires
- 2WD Wheelbase: 101.6 inches (258 cm)
- 4WD Wheelbase: 97.6 inches (247 cm)
- Weight: 6587 to 8650 pounds
- Front-end loader
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the Ford 7710 tractor?
The Ford 7710 tractor has a gross engine power of 97 hp (72.3 kW).
What types of transmissions are available?
The tractor offers 8-speed, 16-speed partial power shift, and 16-speed synchromesh partial power shift transmissions.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 47 gallons (177.9 L).
Is it a two-wheel or four-wheel drive?
The Ford 7710 tractor is available in both two-wheel and four-wheel drive options.
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight of the tractor ranges from 6587 to 8650 pounds.
A Workhorse from Ford: The 7710 Tractor
A Ford Classic
The Ford 7710 is a row-crop tractor produced by Ford between 1982 and 1990. Manufactured in Romeo, Michigan, USA, and Basildon, England, it was priced at $28,000 in 1990.
The Heart of the Machine
The tractor is powered by a Ford 4.4L 4-cylinder diesel engine that delivers a gross power of 97 hp. It offers multiple transmission options, including 8-speed and 16-speed variants.
Built for Performance
The Ford 7710 is a robust machine with a tested drawbar power of 74.08 hp and PTO power of 86.95 hp. It’s designed to handle a variety of tasks efficiently.
The tractor comes with power steering, mechanical rear differential lock, and wet disc brakes. It also offers the option of a front-end loader attachment.
Reliability You Can Count On
Ford tractors are known for their durability and the 7710 is no exception. Its mechanical systems are built to last, ensuring long-term reliability.
Bang for Your Buck
Priced at $28,000 in 1990, the Ford 7710 offers a good balance of features and performance, making it a value-for-money option.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High engine power, multiple transmission options, durable build.
- Cons: May be considered outdated compared to modern tractors, limited advanced technology features.
Ideal for Row-Crop Farming
The Ford 7710 is best suited for row-crop farming, given its high power and performance capabilities. It can also handle various terrains thanks to its two- or four-wheel drive options.
The Final Word
The Ford 7710 is a reliable and powerful tractor that offers a range of features for its time. While it may lack some of the advanced technologies found in modern tractors, it remains a solid choice for those looking for a durable and efficient machine.