1. Park on a flat, level surface. Block the rear tires to prevent the vehicle from rolling while you are working on it.
2. Lift the front of the Massey Ferguson with a service jack. Place jack stands under the front frame to support the tractor.
3. Lay a cloth over the front of the engine and remove the dirt covering it.
4. Unscrew the four bolts at the universal joint on the drive shaft and pivot the shaft free of the universal joint.
5. Slide the drive shaft out of the differential.
6. Apply constant pressure to the CV joint on the drive shaft with the palm of your hand and rotate the shaft counterclockwise. This will separate the shaft from the differential.
7. Slip the drive shaft forward and out of the engine area.