For engaging 4WD on the Massey Ferguson 1552, the following steps should be followed:
1. With the engine turned off, move the Drive Position Selector Lever (DPSL) to the rear position.
2. Push in the clutch and start the engine.
3. Move the 4WD Lever to the ENGAGE position.
4. Push in the clutch and move the Reduction Units Lever (RUL) to position A or B.
5. Release the clutch to engage the 4WD.
6. When finished with 4WD, move the 4WD Lever to the DISENGAGE position.
7. Release the clutch and move the DPSL to the forward position.