Technical Specifications of John Deere 4240
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Built in: Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- Original price: $33,313 (1982 Syncro-Range ROPS 2WD), $40,926 (1982 Power Shift Cab 2WD)
- Engine Model: John Deere 7.6L 6-cyl diesel
- 16-speed partial power shift
- 8-speed full power shift
- 8-speed partially synchronized
- 13-speed creeper
- PTO (claimed): 110 hp (82.0 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 93.38 hp (69.6 kW)
- PTO (tested): 111.06 hp (82.8 kW)
- Drive: 4×2 2WD, 4×4 HFWD 4WD
- Differential lock: pedal-actuated hydraulic
- Power steering
- Differential hydraulic wet disc brakes
- Sound-Gard cab standard
- Fuel: 46 gal (174.1 L)
- Hydraulic system: 11 gal (41.6 L)
- Type: closed center
- Capacity: 11 gal (41.6 L)
- Valves: 1 or 2
- Pump flow: 23 gpm (87.1 lpm)
- Rear Type: II/I
- Rear lift: 5,732 lbs (2600 kg), 6,766 lbs Opt (3069 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: independent
- Rear RPM: 540/1000 (1.375)
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 106.6 inches (270 cm)
- Weight: 10900 to 12395 pounds
- Front tire: 11L-15
- Rear tire: 18.4-34
What is the engine model of the John Deere 4240?
The engine model is John Deere 7.6L 6-cyl diesel.
What are the transmission options available?
The tractor offers 16-speed partial power shift, 8-speed full power shift, 8-speed partially synchronized, and 13-speed creeper.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 46 gallons (174.1 L).
What is the PTO power?
The PTO (claimed) is 110 hp (82.0 kW).
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight ranges from 10900 to 12395 pounds.
A Versatile Powerhouse: The John Deere 4240
The John Deere Legacy
The John Deere 4240 is a row-crop tractor manufactured by John Deere, a name synonymous with quality and reliability in the agricultural machinery industry. Built in Waterloo, Iowa, USA, this tractor is a part of the Iron Horses Series.
The Heart of the Machine
The tractor is powered by a John Deere 7.6L 6-cylinder diesel engine, capable of delivering up to 110 hp. With multiple transmission options, including a 16-speed partial power shift and an 8-speed full power shift, it offers versatility for various farming needs.
Built for Performance
The 4240 boasts impressive power, with a PTO (claimed) of 110 hp and a tested drawbar power of 93.38 hp. Whether you’re plowing, sowing, or towing, this tractor won’t let you down.
One of the standout features is the Sound-Gard cab standard, providing a comfortable and noise-reduced environment for the operator. The tractor also offers pedal-actuated hydraulic differential lock and power steering, making it easier to handle.
Dependable and Durable
John Deere is known for its reliable machinery, and the 4240 is no exception. With a robust engine and durable build, it’s designed to last and perform under challenging conditions.
Worth Every Penny
With an original price ranging from $33,313 to $40,926, depending on the configuration, the 4240 offers good value for the money, especially when compared to other models in the same category.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High engine power, multiple transmission options, comfortable cab, reliable performance.
- Cons: May be considered expensive for some budgets, weight could be an issue for certain applications.
Ideal for Varied Agricultural Tasks
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming but can handle a variety of tasks, thanks to its powerful engine and multiple transmission options. Whether you’re working on flat terrain or hilly areas, the 4240 is up to the task.
The Final Word
The John Deere 4240 is a reliable, powerful, and versatile tractor that offers a range of features designed to make your farming tasks easier and more efficient. If you’re looking for a tractor that combines performance with reliability, the 4240 is a strong contender.