Technical Specifications of John Deere 4620 Tractor
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Factory: Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- Total built: 6,928
- 5,045 (Syncro-Range)
- 1,883 (Power Shift)
- Original price: $15,000 (1972)
- PTO (claimed): 135 hp (100.7 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 115.75 hp (86.3 kW)
- PTO (tested): 135.76 hp (101.2 kW)
- Engine: John Deere 6.6L 6-cyl diesel
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD / 4×4 HFWD 4WD
- Final drives: Planetary
- Differential lock: Hydro-mechanical rear
- Steering: Hydrostatic power
- Brakes: Hydraulic wet disc
- Cab: Open operator station (Optional two-post Roll-Gard ROPS and canopy. Cab optional)
- Transmissions: 8-speed partially synchronized / 8-speed full power shift
- Fuel: 50 gal (189.3 L)
- Hydraulic system: 16 gal (60.6 L Syncro) / 18 gal (68.1 L Powershift)
- Type: Closed center
- Capacity: 16 gal (60.6 L Syncro) / 18 gal (68.1 L Powershift)
- Rear Type: III/II
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Independent
- Rear RPM: 1000
- Engine RPM: 1000@1900
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 106.5 inches (270 cm)
- Weight: 12,980 to 14,930 pounds
- Front tire: 11.00-16
- Rear tire: 20.8-38
What is the original price of the John Deere 4620 tractor?
The original price of the John Deere 4620 tractor was $15,000 in 1972.
What are the types of transmissions available?
The tractor comes with two types of transmissions: 8-speed partially synchronized and 8-speed full power shift.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity of the tractor is 50 gallons (189.3 L).
What is the engine power?
The tractor has a PTO (claimed) power of 135 hp (100.7 kW).
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight of the tractor ranges from 12,980 to 14,930 pounds.
A Classic Workhorse: The John Deere 4620
A Brief Overview
The John Deere 4620 is a row-crop tractor manufactured by John Deere. Produced in Waterloo, Iowa, USA, this tractor was built with versatility and power in mind.
The Heart of the Machine
The tractor is powered by a John Deere 6.6L 6-cylinder diesel engine, boasting a PTO (claimed) power of 135 hp and a tested drawbar power of 115.75 hp.
On the Field
With its hydrostatic power steering and hydraulic wet disc brakes, the John Deere 4620 offers smooth handling and effective stopping power. Its 8-speed transmissions provide flexibility in various farming tasks.
The tractor comes with an optional two-post Roll-Gard ROPS and canopy, offering some level of comfort and safety. It also features a hydro-mechanical rear differential lock for enhanced traction.
Built to Last
The tractor’s robust build and reliable engine make it a durable choice for long-term use. Its planetary final drives are designed for heavy-duty applications.
Worth the Investment?
Considering its features and performance, the John Deere 4620 offers good value for money, especially when compared to similar models in the market.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Pros: High engine power, versatile transmissions, durable build.
- Cons: May be considered outdated compared to newer models, optional cab.
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming and can handle various types of terrain thanks to its 4×4 HFWD 4WD option.
The John Deere 4620 stands as a testament to John Deere’s commitment to quality and performance. While it may lack some of the modern amenities, its robust build and powerful engine make it a reliable choice for any farming operation.