Technical Specifications of John Deere 5525 Tractor
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Utility tractor
- Factory: Augusta, Georgia, USA
- Variants: Utility, Narrow-profile, High-clearance
- Engine (gross): 91 hp (67.9 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 75 hp (55.9 kW)
- PTO (tested): 77.96 hp (58.1 kW)
- Engine Type: John Deere 4.5L 4-cyl diesel
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD, 4×4 MFWD 4WD
- Final drives: Inboard planetary
- Differential lock: Mechanical rear
- Steering: Power
- Brakes: Differential hydraulic wet disc
- Transmissions: 9-speed partially synchronized, 12-speed power shuttle, 24-speed two-speed power shift
- Fuel: 25 gal (94.6 L) for straddle, 33.5 gal (126.8 L) for IOOS/cab
- Hydraulic system: 10.3 gal (39.0 L) for 9-speed, 11.5 gal (43.5 L) for 12-speed, 12 gal (45.4 L) for 24-speed
- Type: Open center
- Capacity: 10.3 gal (39.0 L) for 9-speed, 11.5 gal (43.5 L) for 12-speed, 12 gal (45.4 L) for 24-speed
- Pressure: 2828 psi (195.0 bar)
- Rear valves: 1 to 3
- Mid valves: 0, 2 or 3
- Pump flow: 18.4 gpm (69.6 lpm)
- Total flow: 25 gpm (94.6 lpm)
- Steering flow: 6.6 gpm (25.0 lpm)
- Steering pressure: 1957 psi (134.9 bar)
Hitch and PTO
- Rear Type: II/I
- Control: Top-link draft sensing
- Rear lift (at 24″/610mm): 3374 lbs (1530 kg)
- Rear PTO: Independent
- Clutch: Dry disc, Electro-hydraulic wet disc (24-speed)
- Rear RPM: 540, 540/540E, 540/1000
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 85.7 inches (217 cm)
- Weight: 5775 to 7435 pounds
- Front tire: 7.50-16
- 2WD Rear tire: 420/90R30
- Ground: Negative
- Charging system: Alternator
- ROPS Charging amps: 70
- Cab Charging amps: 90, 120
- Battery CCA: 750
- Battery volts: 12
- Battery Group: BCI 31
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the John Deere 5525?
The engine has a gross power of 91 hp.
What are the types of transmissions available?
The tractor offers 9-speed partially synchronized, 12-speed power shuttle, and 24-speed two-speed power shift transmissions.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 25 gallons for the straddle model and 33.5 gallons for the IOOS/cab model.
What is the hydraulic system capacity?
The hydraulic system capacity varies from 10.3 to 12 gallons depending on the transmission type.
How many rear valves does it have?
The tractor can have 1 to 3 rear valves.
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight ranges from 5775 to 7435 pounds.
What is the wheelbase of the John Deere 5525?
The wheelbase is 85.7 inches.
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity at 24″/610mm is 3374 lbs.
What is the charging system?
The charging system is an alternator with 70 amps for ROPS and 90 or 120 amps for the cab.
A Versatile Utility Tractor from John Deere
The John Deere 5525 is a utility tractor manufactured by John Deere, a renowned name in the tractor industry. Produced in Augusta, Georgia, USA, this tractor is part of the 5025 Series and comes in various variants including utility, narrow-profile, and high-clearance models.
The tractor is powered by a John Deere 4.5L 4-cyl diesel engine that delivers a gross horsepower of 91 hp. It offers multiple transmission options, including a 9-speed partially synchronized, a 12-speed power shuttle, and a 24-speed two-speed power shift. The tractor has a fuel capacity of 25 to 33.5 gallons and a hydraulic system capacity ranging from 10.3 to 12 gallons.
The John Deere 5525 offers robust performance with its powerful engine and multiple transmission options. The tractor is equipped with a mechanical rear differential lock and power steering, ensuring smooth and efficient operation.
One of the notable features is its open-center hydraulic system with a pressure of 2828 psi. The tractor also comes with an optional isolated flat-platform (IOOS) and air-conditioned cab for enhanced comfort.
The tractor is known for its reliability, thanks to its durable build and quality components. The dry disc and electro-hydraulic wet disc clutches add to its long-lasting nature.
Worth the Investment
When compared to similar models in the market, the John Deere 5525 offers good value for money given its features and performance.
Pros and Cons
- Multiple transmission options
- High hydraulic system capacity
- Optional air-conditioned cab
- May be on the heavier side for some applications
- Limited rear valves
Ideal for Various Farming Needs
The tractor is best suited for a variety of farming tasks, including plowing, harvesting, and towing. Its robust build makes it ideal for challenging terrains and weather conditions.
The John Deere 5525 is a reliable, feature-rich, and high-performing utility tractor. Its multiple transmission options and high hydraulic capacity make it a versatile choice for various farming needs. Overall, it’s a solid investment for any farmer looking for a durable and efficient tractor.