Technical Specifications of John Deere 60 Tractor
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Built in: Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- Total Built: 57,166
- Original Price: $2,500 in 1956
- Variants: Basic 60, standard 60S, high-seat standard 60S6, orchard model 60-O, high-crop 60H
- John Deere 5.3L 2-cyl gasoline
- John Deere 5.3L 2-cyl all-fuel
- John Deere 5.3L 2-cyl LP gas
- 6-speed unsynchronized gear
- Drawbar (claimed): 36.94 hp
- Belt (claimed): 41.57 hp
- Plows: 3 (14-inch)
- Drawbar (tested): 37.68 hp
- Belt (tested): 41.18 hp
- Two-wheel drive
- Steering: Manual (power optional from 1954)
- Differential: Mechanical expanding shoe brakes
- Open operator station with foam padded seat
- Fuel: 20.5 gal
- Hydraulic System: 1.5 gal
- Type: Powr-Trol
- Capacity: 1.5 gal
- Pressure: 930 psi
- Valves: 1
- Pump Flow: 8.9 gpm
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 90 inches
- Weight: 5300 to 5800 pounds
- Front tire: 6.00-16
- Rear tire: 11-38
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the original price of the John Deere 60?
The original price was $2,500 in 1956.
2. Where was the John Deere 60 built?
It was built in Waterloo, Iowa, USA.
3. What are the different variants of the John Deere 60?
The different variants are the basic 60, standard 60S, high-seat standard 60S6, orchard model 60-O, and high-crop 60H.
4. What is the fuel capacity of the tractor?
The fuel capacity is 20.5 gallons.
5. What types of engines are available for the John Deere 60?
The available engines are 5.3L 2-cyl gasoline, 5.3L 2-cyl all-fuel, and 5.3L 2-cyl LP gas.
John Deere 60: A Timeless Classic in Farming
The John Deere 60 comes with a 5.3L 2-cylinder engine, available in gasoline, all-fuel, and LP gas variants. The tractor features a 6-speed unsynchronized gear transmission and has a drawbar power of 36.94 hp.
The tractor performs exceptionally well in various farming tasks. Its drawbar and belt power are tested at 37.68 hp and 41.18 hp, respectively, making it suitable for heavy-duty operations.
One of the notable features is its Powr-Trol hydraulic system, which offers a pump flow of 8.9 gpm. The tractor also comes with an open operator station with a foam-padded seat for added comfort.
The John Deere 60 is a reliable machine with a robust two-wheel-drive system. Its mechanical expanding shoe brakes offer excellent stopping power, ensuring safety during operations.
Value for Money
Considering its features and performance, the tractor offers good value for money. Its original price was $2,500 in 1956, which was quite reasonable for its time.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High power output, reliable hydraulic system, comfortable seating
- Cons: 6-speed unsynchronized gear may be outdated for some, limited to two-wheel drive
Best Suited For
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming and can handle various terrains. Its high power output makes it ideal for heavy-duty tasks.
A Farming Staple Worth Every Penny
The John Deere 60 is a classic tractor that has stood the test of time. Its robust features, high performance, and reliability make it a valuable asset for any farmer. Whether you’re tilling the land or hauling heavy loads, this tractor won’t let you down.