Technical Specifications of John Deere 770 Tractor
- Production Years: 1989 – 1998
- Series: 70 Compact Series
- Type: Compact Utility tractor
- Manufacturer: Yanmar
- Distributor: John Deere
- Original Price: $13,000 in 1998
- Engine: Yanmar 1.4L 3-cyl diesel
- Engine (net): 23 hp (17.2 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 20 hp (14.9 kW)
- Type: 8-speed unsynchronized gear
- Drive: Two- or four-wheel drive
- Final Drives: Spur gear
- Differential Lock: Mechanical rear
- Steering: Manual, power optional
- Brakes: Dry shoe
- ROPS: Two-post
- Fuel: 6.3 gal (23.8 L)
- Hydraulic System: 4 gal (15.1 L)
- Front Axle: 3.2 qts (3.0 L)
- Type: Open center
- Capacity: 4 gal (15.1 L)
- Pressure: 2050 psi (141.3 bar)
- Rear Valves: 2 optional
- Mid Valves: 2 optional
- Pump Flow: 5.6 gpm (21.2 lpm)
- Rear Type: I
- Control: Position control
- Rear Lift: 815 lbs (369 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Transmission, live optional
- Rear RPM: 540
- Mid PTO: Live optional
- Mid RPM: 2100
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 61 inches (154 cm)
- Weight: 1930 to 2105 pounds
- Front Tire: 4.00-15
- 2WD Rear Tire: 9.5-24
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the John Deere 770?
The net engine power is 23 hp, and the claimed PTO power is 20 hp.
What is the transmission type?
The tractor has an 8-speed unsynchronized gear transmission.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 6.3 gallons.
What are the hydraulic system specifications?
The hydraulic system has a capacity of 4 gallons and operates at a pressure of 2050 psi.
What is the weight of the tractor?
The weight ranges from 1930 to 2105 pounds.
John Deere 770: A Compact Powerhouse
A Versatile Choice from John Deere
The John Deere 770 is a compact utility tractor that was produced from 1989 to 1998. Manufactured by Yanmar and distributed by John Deere, it is part of the 70 Compact Series.
The tractor is powered by a Yanmar 1.4L 3-cylinder diesel engine with a net power of 23 hp. It features an 8-speed unsynchronized gear transmission and offers both two- and four-wheel drive options.
With its 23 hp engine and 8-speed transmission, the John Deere 770 delivers reliable performance for a variety of tasks. The optional power steering enhances maneuverability, making it easier to handle.
The tractor comes with a two-post ROPS for safety and offers optional power steering for enhanced control. It also features a dry shoe brake system and mechanical rear differential lock.
The John Deere 770 is known for its durability and robust construction. Regular maintenance is essential to keep it running smoothly.
Value for Money
Priced at $13,000 in 1998, the tractor offers good value for its features and performance, especially when compared to other models in its category.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Compact size, reliable performance, optional power steering.
- Cons: 8-speed unsynchronized transmission may be limiting for some tasks, two-post ROPS may not offer full protection.
Best Suited For
The tractor is ideal for small to medium-sized farming tasks and can handle a variety of terrains. Its compact size makes it suitable for tight spaces.
The John Deere 770 is a reliable and versatile compact utility tractor that offers a good balance of features and performance. Whether you’re a small-scale farmer or need a tractor for various utility tasks, it’s a worthy investment.