Technical Specifications of John Deere 7800 Tractor
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Factory: Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- Original Price: $84,000 (1996)
- Engine (net): 170 hp (126.8 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 145 hp (108.1 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 131.99 hp (98.4 kW)
- PTO (tested): 158.97 hp (118.5 kW)
- Engine Details: John Deere 7.6L 6-cyl diesel
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD or 4×4 MFWD 4WD
- Final Drives: Inboard planetary
- Differential Lock: Electro-hydraulic rear
- Steering: Power
- Brakes: Differential hydraulic wet disc
- Cab: ComfortGard cab standard with air-conditioning
- Transmissions: 16-speed partial power shift or 19-speed full power shift
- Fuel: 91 gal (344.4 L)
- Hydraulic System: 22.9 gal (86.7 L)
- Type: Closed center
- Capacity: 22.9 gal (86.7 L)
- Pressure: 2900 psi (200.0 bar)
- Valves: 2 to 3
- SCV Flow: 25.4 gpm (96.1 lpm)
- Rear Type: IIIN/II
- Control: Position and draft control
- Rear Lift: 8925 lbs (4048 kg) or 10050 lbs (4558 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Independent
- Rear RPM: 540/1000
Dimensions & Tires
- 2WD Wheelbase: 114.4 inches (290 cm)
- 4WD Wheelbase: 110.2 inches (279 cm)
- Weight: 13910 to 15560 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the John Deere 7800?
The net engine power is 170 hp (126.8 kW).
What type of transmission does it have?
It has a 16-speed partial power shift or 19-speed full power shift.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 91 gallons (344.4 L).
What is the hydraulic system capacity?
The hydraulic system capacity is 22.9 gallons (86.7 L).
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity is 8925 lbs (4048 kg) or 10050 lbs (4558 kg).
A Versatile Powerhouse: The John Deere 7800
A Brief Overview
The John Deere 7800 is a row-crop tractor manufactured by John Deere. Produced between 1992 and 1996, this tractor was designed to offer robust performance and versatility for various agricultural tasks.
Key Features and Specifications
With a net engine power of 170 hp and a PTO power of 145 hp, the John Deere 7800 is a powerhouse. It offers a choice between a 16-speed partial power shift and a 19-speed full power shift transmission, providing flexibility for different farming needs.
The tractor’s performance is commendable, with a tested drawbar horsepower of 131.99 and a PTO horsepower of 158.97. Its power steering and differential hydraulic wet disc brakes make it easy to handle.
The ComfortGard cab comes standard with air-conditioning, offering a comfortable working environment. The tractor also features an electro-hydraulic rear differential lock for improved traction.
John Deere is known for its reliable machinery, and the 7800 is no exception. Its robust engine and durable mechanical parts ensure long-lasting performance.
Priced at $84,000 in 1996, the tractor offers good value for its features and performance, especially when compared to competitors in the market.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: High engine power, versatile transmission options, comfortable cab, reliable performance.
- Cons: May be considered expensive for some budgets, relatively high fuel consumption.
Ideal Use Cases
The tractor is best suited for row-crop farming but is versatile enough to handle other types of farming and tasks. Its 4WD option makes it suitable for uneven terrains as well.
The John Deere 7800 is a reliable and powerful tractor that offers a range of features for different farming needs. Its high engine and PTO power, along with its comfortable cab and reliable performance, make it a worthwhile investment for any farmer.