Technical Specifications of John Deere 8100 Farm Tractor
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Factory: Waterloo, Iowa, USA
- Model Year: 1995 – 1999
- PTO (claimed): 160 hp (119.3 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 141.81 hp (105.7 kW)
- PTO (tested): 179.15 hp (133.6 kW)
- Engine Type: John Deere 7.6L 6-cyl diesel
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD or 4×4 MFWD 4WD
- Final Drives: Inboard planetary
- Differential Lock: Electro-hydraulic
- Steering: Hydrostatic power
- Brakes: Differential hydraulic wet disc
- Cab: CommandView Cab standard. Row-Trak guidance optional.
- Transmission: 16-speed full power shift
- Fuel: 135 gal (511.0 L)
- Hydraulic System: 37 gal (140.0 L)
- Front Hubs: 3.2 qts (3.0 L each)
- Front Differential: 11.5 qts (10.9 L)
- Type: Closed center pressure-flow compensated (PFC)
- Capacity: 37 gal (140.0 L)
- Pressure: 2900 psi (200.0 bar)
- Valves: 3 to 5
- SCV Flow: 30 gpm (113.6 lpm)
Tractor Hitch and PTO
- Rear Type: 3/3N
- Control: Electro-hydraulic draft sensing
- Rear Lift: 10,400 lbs (4717 kg) or 14,165 lbs (6425 kg, optional)
- Rear PTO: Independent
- Rear RPM: 1000 (1.75) or 540/1000 (1.375 optional)
Dimensions and Tires
- 2WD Wheelbase: 122.8 inches (311 cm)
- 4WD Wheelbase: 116.1 inches (294 cm)
- Weight: 16,435 to 18,914 pounds
- Front Tire: 11.00-24
- 2WD Rear Tire: 18.4R46
- Ground: Negative
- Charging System: Alternator
- Charging Amps: 140
- Batteries: 2
- Battery CCA: 925
- Battery Volts: 12
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the engine power of the John Deere 8100?
The engine power is 160 hp (claimed) and 179.15 hp (tested).
How many speeds does the transmission have?
The tractor features a 16-speed full power shift transmission.
What is the fuel tank capacity?
The fuel tank has a capacity of 135 gallons.
What is the weight of the John Deere 8100?
The tractor weighs between 16,435 to 18,914 pounds.
What are the hydraulic system specifications?
The hydraulic system has a capacity of 37 gallons and operates at a pressure of 2900 psi.
John Deere 8100: A Powerhouse in Row-Crop Farming
The John Deere 8100 is a row-crop tractor that was produced between 1995 and 1999. It comes with a powerful 160 hp engine and offers a 16-speed full power shift transmission.
The tractor offers both two- and four-wheel drive options, providing flexibility in various terrains. The hydrostatic power steering and differential hydraulic wet disc brakes ensure easy handling and reliable stopping power.
The tractor features a CommandView Cab as standard and offers optional Row-Trak guidance. It also comes with an electro-hydraulic differential lock for better traction.
The John Deere 8100 is known for its robust build and reliable performance. Its engine and mechanical components are durable, making it a long-lasting choice for various farming tasks.
Value for Money
Considering its range of features and performance capabilities, the John Deere 8100 offers good value for money. It is a cost-effective choice for those looking for a versatile and reliable tractor.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Powerful engine, versatile with 2WD and 4WD options, durable build, reliable performance.
- Cons: May be considered heavy, lacks some modern features like GPS as standard.
Best Suited For
The tractor is best suited for medium to large-scale row-crop farming tasks. It performs well in different terrains and is capable of handling a variety of jobs.
The John Deere 8100 is a reliable and powerful row-crop tractor that offers a good balance of features and performance. Its robust build and reliable engine make it a worthy investment for those looking for a durable and efficient tractor for various farming tasks.