Technical Specifications of Massey Ferguson 175 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Massey Ferguson
- Original Price: $7,500 (1975)
- Drawbar (claimed): 54 hp (40.3 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 63 hp (47.0 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 53.51 hp (39.9 kW)
- PTO (tested): 63.34 hp (47.2 kW)
- Perkins 3.9L 4-cyl diesel
- Perkins 3.9L 4-cyl gasoline
- Continental 3.4L 4-cyl gasoline
- Fuel Tank: 18.5 gal (70.0 L)
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD
- Steering: Power assist
- Brakes: Mechanical disc
- Cab: Open operator station
- Transmissions: 12-speed partial power shift, 6-speed, 8-speed
- Type: Open center
- Valves: 0 to 2
- Rear Type: II
- Rear Lift: 3,370 lbs (1528 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Live, Independent
- Rear RPM: 540
- Engine RPM: 540@1700
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 81.9 inches (208 cm)
- Weight: 5925 to 6125 pounds
- Front Tire: 6.50-16
- Rear Tire: 16.9-28
- Front-end loader
- Location: Below instrument panel on steering column
- Serial numbers range from 1964 to 1975
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the original price of the Massey Ferguson 175?
The original price in 1975 was $7,500.
What types of engines does it have?
It comes with Perkins 3.9L 4-cyl diesel, Perkins 3.9L 4-cyl gasoline, and Continental 3.4L 4-cyl gasoline engines.
What is the fuel tank capacity?
The fuel tank capacity is 18.5 gallons (70.0 L).
What types of transmissions are available?
It offers 12-speed partial power shift, 6-speed, and 8-speed transmissions.
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity is 3,370 lbs (1528 kg).
A Classic Workhorse: The Massey Ferguson 175
A Brief Overview
The Massey Ferguson 175 is a farm tractor produced by Massey Ferguson between 1964 and 1975. It was priced at $7,500 in its final production year.
The Nitty-Gritty: Key Specs
The tractor boasts a drawbar power of 54 hp and a PTO power of 63 hp. It offers a variety of engine options, including Perkins and Continental engines, and comes with a fuel tank capacity of 18.5 gallons.
How Does It Perform?
The tractor is known for its reliable performance, offering power assist steering and mechanical disc brakes. The 12-speed partial power shift transmission ensures smooth operation.
The tractor comes with an open operator station and offers up to 2 hydraulic valves. It also has the option for a front-end loader attachment.
Is It Reliable?
The Massey Ferguson 175 has a reputation for being a reliable machine, with few common issues reported. Its mechanical disc brakes and power assist steering add to its reliability.
Worth the Investment?
Considering its features and performance, the tractor offers good value for money, especially when compared to similar models in the market.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Reliable performance, multiple engine options, good lift capacity.
- Cons: Limited modern features, open operator station may not be suitable for all weather conditions.
Ideal Work Conditions
The tractor is best suited for medium to large-scale farming operations and can handle a variety of terrains.
The Massey Ferguson 175 is a classic tractor that offers reliable performance and versatility. While it may lack some modern features, it makes up for it with its robust build and efficient operation. Overall, it’s a solid investment for any farming operation.