Technical Specifications of Massey Ferguson 245
- Manufacturer: Massey Ferguson
- Original Price: $17,150 (1983)
- Production Years: 1976 – 1983
- Series: 200 Series
- Engine Power: 45 hp (33.6 kW)
- PTO (claimed): 43 hp (32.1 kW)
- Drawbar (tested): 34.97 hp (26.1 kW)
- PTO (tested): 42.9 hp (32.0 kW)
- Engine Types:
- Perkins 2.5L 3-cyl diesel
- Continental 2.4L 4-cyl gasoline
- Chassis: 4×2 2WD
- Differential Lock: Mechanical rear
- Steering: Power
- Brakes: Differential mechanical drum
- Cab: Open operator station
- 8-speed gear
- 12-speed partial power shift
- Fuel: 12.68 gal (48.0 L)
- Hydraulic System: 6.6 gal (25.0 L)
- Capacity: 6.6 gal (25.0 L)
- Rear Type: I
- Rear Lift: 3120 lbs (1415 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Live
- Rear RPM: 540
Dimensions & Tires
- Wheelbase: 74.5 inches (189 cm)
- Weight: 3900 to 4050 pounds
- Front Tire: 6.00-16
- Rear Tire: 13.6-28
- Front-end loader
- Ground: Negative
- Charging System: Alternator
- Charging Amps: 32
- Battery Volts: 12
- Battery AH: 96
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the engine power of the Massey Ferguson 245?
The engine power is 45 hp (33.6 kW).
What types of transmissions are available?
The tractor offers 8-speed gear, 12-speed partial power shift, and 6-speed transmissions.
What is the fuel capacity?
The fuel capacity is 12.68 gallons (48.0 L).
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity is 3120 lbs (1415 kg).
What are the dimensions and weight?
The wheelbase is 74.5 inches (189 cm), and the weight ranges from 3900 to 4050 pounds.
A Workhorse for the Modern Farmer
A Classic from Massey Ferguson
The Massey Ferguson 245 is a part of the 200 Series and was produced between 1976 and 1983. It’s a versatile tractor designed for various types of farming tasks.
Power and Versatility
With an engine power of 45 hp and multiple transmission options, this tractor is built for performance. The PTO power is also impressive, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
Handling and Speed
The power steering and mechanical rear differential lock provide excellent handling. The various transmission options also allow for a good range of speed.
The tractor comes with an open operator station and a front-end loader attachment option, adding to its versatility.
Built to Last
The tractor is known for its durability and robust mechanical structure, including power steering and differential mechanical drum brakes.
Worth the Investment?
Considering its features and performance, the Massey Ferguson 245 offers good value for money, especially when compared to tractors in a similar range.
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Versatile, powerful engine, multiple transmission options, durable
- Cons: Open operator station may not be suitable for all weather conditions, somewhat dated design
Ideal for Various Farming Needs
This tractor is best suited for medium to large-scale farming and can handle various types of terrain.
The Massey Ferguson 245 is a reliable and versatile tractor that offers a good range of features and performance capabilities. It’s a worthy investment for any modern farmer.