Technical Specifications of Oliver 2255 Tractor
- Manufacturer: Oliver
- Series: 55 Series
- Type: Row-Crop tractor
- Production Location: Built in Charles City, Iowa, USA
- Total Built: 2,160
- Original Price: $18,500 in 1976
- Caterpillar 9.4L 8-cyl diesel
- Caterpillar 10.4L 8-cyl diesel
Fuel Tank Capacity
- Main Tank: 35 gal (132.5 L)
- Cab Tanks: 30 gal (113.6 L)
- Fender Tanks: 78 gal (295.2 L)
- 18-speed partial power shift
- Drawbar (tested): 115.35 hp (86.0 kW)
- PTO (tested): 146.72 hp (109.4 kW)
- Two- or four-wheel drive
- Power steering
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Open operator station. Optional ROPS. Cab available with optional heat and air-conditioning.
- Type: Closed center
- Valves: 1 to 4
- Pump Flow: 20 gpm (75.7 lpm)
- Rear Type: II/III
- Control: Draft control
- Rear Lift: 6,000 lbs (2721 kg)
Power Take-off (PTO)
- Rear PTO: Independent
- Rear RPM: 1000, 540/1000 Opt
Dimensions & Tires
- 2WD Wheelbase: 108.3 inches (275 cm)
- 4WD Wheelbase: 83.5 inches (212 cm)
- Weight: 16,500 lbs (7484 kg)
- Front Tire: 11.00-16
- Rear Tire: 18.4-38
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fuel tank capacity of the Oliver 2255?
The main fuel tank has a capacity of 35 gallons, the cab tanks can hold 30 gallons, and the fender tanks can hold up to 78 gallons.
What types of engines does the Oliver 2255 have?
The tractor comes with either a Caterpillar 9.4L 8-cyl diesel engine or a Caterpillar 10.4L 8-cyl diesel engine.
What are the transmission options?
The Oliver 2255 offers an 18-speed partial power shift and a 6-speed transmission.
What is the rear lift capacity?
The rear lift capacity of the tractor is 6,000 lbs.
What are the PTO options?
The rear PTO is independent with RPM options of 1000 and 540/1000.
A Classic Powerhouse: The Oliver 2255
A Brief Overview
The Oliver 2255 is a row-crop tractor produced by Oliver, a renowned manufacturer in the tractor industry. Built in Charles City, Iowa, USA, this tractor was part of the 55 Series and was produced from 1972 to 1976.
The Heart of the Machine: Key Specs
The tractor comes with two engine options: a Caterpillar 9.4L 8-cyl diesel and a Caterpillar 10.4L 8-cyl diesel. It has an 18-speed partial power shift and a 6-speed transmission, offering versatility in various farming conditions.
On the Field: Performance
The Oliver 2255 is a powerful machine, with a tested drawbar horsepower of 115.35 and a PTO horsepower of 146.72. Its hydraulic system is robust, with a pump flow of 20 gpm, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
Not Just Power: Features
The tractor offers two- or four-wheel drive options, power steering, and hydraulic disc brakes. It also provides an open operator station with optional ROPS and a cab with optional heat and air-conditioning, ensuring comfort during long working hours.
Built to Last: Reliability
Oliver tractors are known for their durability and the 2255 is no exception. Its robust engine and mechanical features make it a reliable choice for farmers.
Worth Every Penny: Value for Money
With an original price of $18,500 in 1976, the Oliver 2255 offers a range of features and power that justify its cost, especially when compared to tractors in a similar class.
The Good and The Bad: Pros and Cons
- Pros: Powerful engine options, versatile transmission, robust hydraulic system, and optional comfort features.
- Cons: May be considered expensive for some, and its weight could be a limitation for certain tasks.
Ideal Working Conditions
The Oliver 2255 is best suited for row-crop farming and heavy-duty tasks. Its power and features make it adaptable to various terrains and weather conditions.
The Final Word
The Oliver 2255 is a powerful, versatile, and reliable tractor that offers a range of features to meet the demands of modern farming. Whether you’re looking for power, comfort, or durability, this tractor has it all. It’s a worthy investment for any serious farmer.